Founded by Alfred F. Beyer in 1946, Casa Rio sits on land first granted title in 1777 by the King of Spain. Our Spanish Colonial period hacienda became the core of the new business. The cedar door and window lintels, the fireplace, and thick rock walls, are still evident inside the building.
Casa Rio was the first San Antonio business to open its doors to the River and take advantage of the setting. Canoes, gondolas, and paddle boats, evolving into tour and dinner boats, began here and helped create the Riverwalk of today.